The best defense is prevention, learning to live conscious of the environment, be alert and use common sense. So we allow ourselves to suggest incorporating into your daily life rules and tips described below, reducing the possibility of being a victim. Surely you know them … almost all hope bring you something new! A Browning Strike Force Sub Micro 10MP Game Camera may also be a solution.
Safety tips at home
– Know your neighbors; stay informed them of irregular things that are happening. Merge a monitoring group; if none exists, propose.
– Analyze the security of their doors and windows. Install security doors with armored locks and install fences for safety front doors, guards also install hinges and always install a “magic eye”, select the one that lets you see more of the outside area and visitors.
– When installing bars for windows facing the street, make sure the metal structure does not serve as a ladder for access to upper floors. Also, install bars on the skylights in the bathrooms and basements skylights and windows and access to the roofs.
– If you are able, install electronic devices audible alarm and preferably connected to a security company.
– Install outside your home a good lighting system that includes at least one light is switched on automatically by a sensor.
– Immediately replace the lights out on the outside of your home. Thieves usually look for houses with little light outside. Consider using lights that are activated by the presence of people.
– Put lights and electronic devices that are activated automatically clocks to look like this you at home.
– Consider buying a dog.
– Restrict the possession of keys to your home. Avoid leaving them the concierge or domestic staff or piecework. Change cylinders locks if lost or stolen keys them, or move to a house or apartment previously occupied. If you must back your keys, do it and demand that are drawn up in their presence.
– Do not leave messages on the phone indicating that you are away from home or on vacation; leave a message that is busy and to return the call.
– Install bars or steel fence around your home, as well as windows and glass doors (do not use aluminum, this material is nice but not strong).
– Do not store keys below the mat or under a flower pot. They are obvious and known hideouts.
– Avoid plants or trees to cover their doors or windows.
– Keep emergency numbers near the phone listed or recorded in the memory of their phones.
– Keep your doors locked. It is logical and it sounds simple, but more than 40% of burglars enter homes through open doors, whether major or rear. Be sure to put lock your doors even if you exit a few minutes (to take out the trash, talk to the neighbor, search correspondence. Etc.), do not leave messages on the door warning her absence or keys in “secret places”.
– Do not accept the entry of strangers. Many times thieves use decoys to gain entrance into our homes; can impersonate people offering sales and / or repair electrical equipment; persons seeking their cooperation for social projects; People go to desperate attitude requesting the phone because it has presented an emergency and ask us to let them go. Do not accept the entry of such people as they can be studied only inside the house. In a case like this tell them you will call upon notice to the appropriate parties.
– Check the identification of people working for utilities (Electric Light, Water, Gas, etc.) and be wary especially if you have not requested their services, especially if they try to enter their residence more than one person.
– When hiring staff ask his identity card and scoop out a photocopy; check your personal and work references and if your criminal record is possible. As soon as possible, take a photograph of the person hired: this serves as a deterrent and if necessary solve the problem of the description. Try to have located your home or your friends. Instruct them that when you are not at home, do not give strangers telephone or information on hours of arrival or departure, travel or vacation plans etc., and also meet the standards described in this manual.
– Try to change their daily routines. Thieves often study the movements of members of households, and can get to know what hours is not one, and how long it takes to return. Try changing some schedules and ticket outlets to confuse potential burglars.
– Do not be predictable. Once the thief is inside the house, they do the same when you are at home. First head to the bedrooms, where most of us keeps valuables. Burglars know the favorite places to hide valuables: drawers, refrigerators, mattresses, boxes of cookies, etc. Be sure to have some more unpredictable to hide valuables such place.